Photography with Sweatt - INTRO TO PHOTO EDITING (All Levels)
Learn Photography Editing at the Visual Arts Center (VAC) with Clyde Sweatt. After creating a photograph, most images can be better with some digital editing. Work with Adobe Lightroom Classic, a software program that provides the basic digital editing capabilities as well as tools to catalog your photographs and other features. Many of the features in Lightroom Classic are found in other digital editing software so that techniques that you learn may be applied to other software such as Adobe Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro and some software programs that may have been supplied by your camera manufacturer. The class discussions and demonstrations will focus on Lightroom’s Library and Develop modules with a focus on how to:
- Determine what software will meet your needs
- Import photos and create catalogs and collections of photographs
- Attach keywords to photographs and rate them
- Search for photographs that fit desired criteria
- Use a histogram to determine some basic editing needs
- Develop a workflow for editing images
- Adjust white balance
- Use filters to alter lighting and remove and correct image defects
- Correct for a lens’ unique characteristics that may cause distortions
- Add sharpening to photos and reduce digital noise
- Use presets to do quick editing
- Export images to other software such as Adobe Photoshop and plug-in filters for detailed editing
To take full advantage of this class, students should have their editing software installed on a laptop or tablet and a number of digital images that they can use to edit during the class. However, those who don’t have a mobile device or editing software will be able to observe demonstrations on the classroom monitor and take notes.
INTRO TO PHOTO EDITING (All Levels): $100 (VAC Members $80)
Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:00pm
Session: Class meets once each week for 3 hours and is offered in 4-week sessions for $100 (VAC Members $80).
An Annual Individual VAC Membership costs $60 ($55 to renew) and will pay for itself after receiving a 20% discount on just two classes!
All class dates and times are subject to change. Classes with a start date within 30 days require payment in full to reserve a place. Prepaid class fees (paid more than 30 days in advance) are refundable less a non-refundable reservation deposit of $25 (VAC Members $20) up until 30 days prior to a class start date at which time all class fees become non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by the VAC.
Please register early. Classes with less than five registered students may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance of the start date. Cancellation notifications are made by email and/or telephone (including voice messages) to the email address and telephone number on file. Please check your voice mail and email prior to leaving for class.