Draw & Paint with Wilson - EXPLORING ACRYLIC PAINTING
Study acrylic painting with Mairin Wilson at the Visual Arts Center (VAC). Acrylics are one of the most versatile painting mediums out there.It’s easy to work with and to achieve a variety of effects.
If you're ready to get started with this medium, then "Exploring Acrylics" is a great place to start. Here's what you'll learn...
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for painting with acrylics.
- How to mix and apply values of a color to create the illusion of light and form.
- The process of transferring images to a canvas and painting directly.
- The basics of color theory and how to mix colors accurately.
- How to apply color theory in your paintings to create harmonious works.
- How to use acrylic fluid and gel mediums.
- How to underpaint to establish the tonal range.
- How to create and apply translucent glazes of color over an underpainting to develop the colors within a scene.
- How to apply thick Impasto applications of color with painting knives.
EXPLORING ACRYLIC PAINTING: $120 ($96 Member)
4 Weeks Class: Tuesday, 9am-12pm
All class dates and times are subject to change. Classes with a start date within 30 days require payment in full to reserve a place. Prepaid class fees (paid more than 30 days in advance) are refundable less a non-refundable reservation deposit of $25 (VAC Members $20) up until 30 days prior to a class start date at which time all class fees become non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by the VAC.
Please register early. Classes with less than five registered students may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance of the start date. Cancellation notifications are made by email and/or telephone (including voice messages) to the email address and telephone number on file. Please check your voice mail and email prior to leaving for class.