Exhibit Hanging & Display Requirements
- Artist’s name, e-mail, phone number and title of work must be written on back of entry.
- Artwork must be picked up at the specified date. A $10/day storage fee will be charged if artwork not picked up on specified days (unless prior arrangements made with exhibits coordinator).
- Artwork left over 15 working days will be considered a donation to the VAC
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Artwork may not be removed until close of exhibit unless approved by the Executive Director.
- Artwork in the Goff Gallery Exhibits MAY have been previously exhibited at the Visual Arts Center.
DISPLAYING OF EXHIBIT WORKS
The VAC Exhibition Receiving Committee reserves the right to reject any work that is poorly presented and does not meet installation requirements. Artwork to be accepted must follow guidelines as established in exhibit “Guidelines for Exhibit” and/or prospectus for size, weight, framing and condition, which includes the following guidelines:
- Must be either gallery wrapped or properly framed – all edges must be finished and completely dry. If framed, frames must be free clean with no chips.
- Glass or plexiglass is acceptable – If matted, mats must be clean
- Pastels must be sealed
- All surfaces must be dry.
- Must be securely fastened with picture wire with the center wire 3” below the top of frame. WIRE MUST BE TAPED – NO SHARP WIRE EXPOSED.
- Artwork must not exceed 5’ in any direction
- Weight must not exceed 25 pounds
- Artwork must fit within VAC pedestal (16.5 x 16.5”) or artist must provide own pedestal.
- Weight up to 35 pounds is acceptable *If over 35 pounds, the artist is responsible for placement of artwork with the approval of the Receiving Committee.
- Jewelry must be on stands that artist provides *Some jewelry may be place in VAC case.
ORIGINALITY: Only original works may be submitted to our shows. This means that the subject of the entry must be a concept entirely developed by the submitting artist and executed by his/her own hand. Duplications of another’s work of art, whether by machine or paint, is considered copyright infringement and may not hang in the Visual Arts Center’s regular exhibits. Entries found not to be original will be excluded from the show and any awards revoked with no return of entry fees.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The Visual Arts Center reserves the right to make any changes in any of the above information and accepts no responsibility for undue inconvenience inadvertently caused by such changes or any error contained herein.
EXHIBIT COMMITTEE: Do you have an interest in hanging, researching prospective jurors, policy issues, theme and scheduling? We can always use the input and help. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.