Exhibit Hanging & Display Requirements
The Visual Arts Center reserves the right to reject any work that is poorly presented and does not meet hanging requirements at time of receiving.
Artwork must be either gallery wrapped or properly framed. Glass or plexiglass is acceptable. Pastels must be sealed. All surfaces must be dry. Artwork must not exceed 5’ in any direction. Weight not to exceed 25 pounds. Must be securely fastened with picture wire with the center wire 3” below the top of the frame. Directions:
- Measure ⅓ to halfway down the frame.
- Place eye screw or D-rings in the frame. Use adequate sized fasteners for the weight of the piece.
- Secure the wire to the fasteners and adjust the length so when stretched, the wire will be between 3 and 4 inches from the top of peice. Use non-coated braided wire sufficient for the weight of the peice. String, saw-tooth hangers and clips cannot be used with our hanging system.
- Should fit safely on a 12" pedestal or on the floor. Artist may provide their own pedestal, provided it is clean and attractive, and they are responsible for its stability. The VAC reserves the right to reject pedestals deemed unsafe.
- Appropriate mounting or display stands must be provided with your piece. If it has an unusual mounting system, please provide a photo with directions or be prepared to assist in placing the piece.
- Jewelry must be presented with an appropriate display stand
- Sculpture to be mounted on walls must have a strong hanging apparatus and artist must be prepared to assist in hanging.
- Artist’s name, e-mail, phone number and title of work must be written on back of entry.
- Artwork must be picked up at the specified date and time. A $10/day storage fee will be charged. Artwork left over 15 working days will be considered a donation to the VAC.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Artwork may not be removed until close of exhibition unless approved by Executive Director.
- Artwork must have been completed within the past three years.
- Artwork in Main Gallery Exhibits must NOT have been previously exhibited at the VAC, except for the NAE, VAC Student Show, Member’s Showcase, Fun Art Festival, Instructor Show and/or in Goff Gallery Exhibits.
GUIDE TO EXHIBIT CODES
Please see prospectus for specic requirements for each exhibit.
ORIGINALITY: Only original works may be submitted to our shows. This means that the subject of the entry must be a concept entirely developed by the submitting artist and executed by his/her own hand. Duplications of another’s work of art, whether by machine or paint, is considered copyright infringement and may not hang in the Visual Arts Center’s regular exhibits. Entries found not to be original will be excluded from the show and any awards revoked with no return of entry fees.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: The Visual Arts Center reserves the right to make any changes in any of the above information and accepts no responsibility for undue inconvenience inadvertently caused by such changes or any error contained herein.
EXHIBIT COMMITTEE: Do you have an interest in hanging, researching prospective jurors, policy issues, theme and scheduling? We can always use the input and help. Please contact us at email@example.com.